Best Appliance Leak Water Damage Repair Services in the City!
The Most Common Appliance Leaks and How to Prevent Them
Modern living comes with many appliances to make our lives easier and more luxurious. However, if not properly maintained or cared for, these appliances can begin to malfunction.
A common symptom of this is water leaks. Unfortunately, these can often go unnoticed for lengthy periods, causing significant water damage in your home.
Whenever you experience a leak, have the source of the problem identified and resolved by an appliance repair professional, and possibly have water damage experts like the ones Vetted Los Angeles Restorations works with on board as well if the damage gets out of hand.
Other than that, on a day-to-day basis, it helps to know which of your appliances is likely to leak so you can spot leaks and have them resolved in time.
Here are the five appliances to monitor for leaks.
1. Dishwasher leaks
A leaking dishwasher is actually the number one cause of residential water damage. A dishwasher leak can flood your kitchen and damage your cabinets and wood floors. It can also encourage mold growth, leaving unsightly stains and electrical damage if it goes too long.
Some common causes of a leaking dishwasher include:
- Using an incorrect detergent
- Placing a dishwasher on an uneven base
- A faulty seal or door gasket
- Incorrect loading or overloading dishes
Most of these issues can be fixed by sticking to best practices. If the problem persists, have a professional check it out. If there’s a lot of water damage, call Vetted Los Angeles Restorations for a water restoration quote.
2. Washing Machine Leaks
Washing machines require high volumes of water to function. This water can cause significant damage if leaks are not resolved immediately.
If your washing machine is leaking water, there could be several possible causes.
One of these is faulty gaskets or leaks on front-loading washing machines. However, leaks emanating from the back or the bottom of the washing machine can mean more significant problems. These include hose or water pipe connections.
A washing machine leak can flood the floor around it and the room it’s in. Over time, if s on a top-level floor, you might begin noticing water stains on the ceiling or a leak coming through the roof.
3. Water Heater Failure
Water heaters work continuously to ensure your household has enough hot water. The stress of working full-time leaves water heaters susceptible to expensive and time-consuming leaks and failures.
Water heater failures can lead to leaks and water damage, over and above taking away the convenience of perfectly heated water.
To prevent this, inspect your unit occasionally, and watch out for pooling water, hissing or whistling sounds, or a shortage of hot water throughout the house.
4. Refrigerator Leaks
Water leaks from refrigerators can be due to the following:
- Issues with water supply lines
- A clogged defrost drain from an overcrowded freezer
- Ice maker issues
- Improper sealing causes excess condensation
Whatever the cause may be, refrigerator water leaks can cause water damage and electrical failure. You also risk your perishable foods going bad.
5. Air Conditioner
Air conditioners are an absolute lifesaver in certain months of the year. But did you know that your faithful air conditioning unit can cause water damage if improperly maintained? It indeed can.
Leaks from air conditioners can come from:
- Clogged condensate drain lines
- A disconnected drain line
- A rusty or clogged drain pan
- A malfunctioning condensate pump
- Dirty evaporator coils
How to Prevent Leaking Appliances
So how do you prevent the above outcomes from happening? Here are some tips:
- Constantly inspect the seals on your appliances and replace any loose, lost, broken, or cracked ones immediately
- Always use recommended soaps and detergents to operate washing machines and dishwashers
- Ensure all your water supply tubes are well maintained and are fitted with adequate tension
- Look for any signs of deterioration, including swelling and loose tubing, Blistered hoses and other signs of wear and tear
- Ensure all your appliances are placed on a flat, evenly leveled base, and adjust any leans immediately you notice them.
- Keep up with your appliances’ service and maintenance schedule as advised by the manufacturer, and replace outdated appliances promptly.
How to Repair Water Damage from Appliance Leaks
Unfortunately, you might still suffer water damage occasionally despite your best efforts. When this happens, you want a trusted, affordable, and well-qualified professional in your corner. This perfectly describes the partners Vetted Los Angeles Restorations works with.
They will assess the damage, get to work, and restore your home to what it was before the water mishap.
A full list of services they provide includes:
- Water removal
- Structural drying
- Mold remediation
- Flood damage restoration
- Fire damage restoration
- Commercial water damage restoration
Call us for a quote today!
Our Services Areas
Besides Los Angeles, we also cover:
- San Fernando
- La Cañada Flintridge
- Agoura Hills
- Hermosa Beach
- South El Monte
- Santa Fe Springs
- El Segundo
- Hawaiian Gardens
- Palos Verdes Estates
- San Marino
- Signal Hill
- Sierra Madre
- Rolling Hills Estates
- Westlake Village
- La Habra Heights
- Rolling Hills
- Hidden Hills